Follow awfulagent on Twitter

About Me

A blog wherein a literary agent will sometimes discuss his business, sometimes discuss the movies he sees, the tennis he watches, or the world around him. In which he will often wish he could say more, but will be obliged by business necessity and basic politeness and simple civility to hold his tongue. Rankings are done on a scale of one to five Slithy Toads, where a 0 is a complete waste of time, a 2 is a completely innocuous way to spend your time, and a 4 is intended as a geas compelling you to make the time.

Monday, August 10, 2015

SASQUAN!

Hard to believe it's barely over a week until Sasquan, the 2015 World Science Fiction Convention.

I still remember heading over from Back Bay Station to the Hines/Sheraton for the 1989 WorldCon in Boston, which was my first WorldCon as both a member and program participant, and it's still a thrill to me to be at WorldCon and to be there for you!

Here are my official program items at Sasquan:

Wed Aug 19, 1pm
Understanding Contracts panel
with Mike Resnick and Jim Fiscus
Convention Center, Room 300D
I'm not due into Spokane until around 9:30 which should be plenty of time for me to settle in and get to my 1pm panel, but if I'm delayed, I've asked my colleague Sam Morgan to be my DH.

Thu Aug 20, 5pm
Horror/Paranormal - What's New
with Nick Mamatas, Christie Melerz and Laura Anne Gilman
Convention Center, Room 300C

Pitch Sessions
Fri August 21, 9am
Sat August 22, 3pm
advance registration required - details

Kaffee Klatche
Sat August 22, noon
advance registration required

In addition to scheduled items, you'll find me roaming the dealer's room, going to different parties at night, hanging out some in the bar, etc.  I have many many clients I've first met at a WorldCon, and I hope you'll be able to take advantage of the opportunity to meet up with me and to network with lots of other agents, editors and publishers.

And you'll also find my Right Hand of Darkness, Sam Morgan, roaming around Spokane (and announcing impromptu pitch sessions on his Twitter feed), as well as our UK partner agent John Berlyne of the Zeno Agency.

Many of our clients with books due and out will also be attending, including:  Joe Zieja, William C. Dietz, John Hemry/Jack Campbell, Dave Bara, Brandon Sanderson, Eric James Stone, Adam Rakunas, Curtis C. Chen, Megan O'Keefe, Chris Husberg, Gabe Denning, Dan Moren.

Tell them all I say "hi!"

See you in Spokane!

No comments: